Septic Do’s and Don’ts
Helpful Tips for Maintaining Your Septic System
At Evergreen Sanitation, we have been helping residents of Woodinville with their septic needs for more than 50 years. Our Woodinville septic tank cleaning business has been around long enough to know some of the best tips and tricks of the trade for maintaining a good septic system. We’ve listed some of those below.
DO have your septic system checked frequently.
- The frequency of these cleanings and regular maintenance will differ depending upon a few factors such as the size of your tank, the type of property, and the amount of organic matter traveling.
- Commercial establishments may need septic maintenance every few months.
- Residences might only require septic maintenance once per year.
DO repair leaky faucets and toilets to prevent excess water from overloading the system.
DO have Evergreen install risers over all access lids so that the system can be inspected and pumped without having to locate and dig them up.
DO have Evergreen install a septic filter in your tank to help prevent solids from clogging your drainfield.
DON’T put unnecessary stress on your septic system.
- This includes doing things like pouring kitchen grease down your drains, frequently using your garbage disposal, or putting non-organic materials down your drains.
DO call Evergreen Sanitation as soon as possible if you notice your pipes gurgling or water pooling.
- These are signs that your septic tank has gotten backed up and is overflowing.
- Septic overflowing can seriously damage the flooring in your home and flood your yard.
DON’T plant trees and other vegetation with long roots near your septic system.
- As the roots grow, they can begin to choke out pipes and cause serious damage.
DON’T drive on any part of the septic system as this can damage fragile components
Septic Tank Cleaning in Woodinville, Redmond & Issaquah
For answers to your specific questions, we encourage you to call Evergreen Sanitation at (425) 629-9659 today. We can offer free over-the-phone estimates for most projects. For more than 50 years, we have been trusted to repair, clean and replace septic tanks in cities like Woodinville, Redmond and Issaquah.
For more information, contact us today!